Case Study - Photographer
A London based Fine Art Photographer needed an easy way to track his photos and record the series, editions and number of prints made of each image.
Kantala developed a fully featured solution that fulfilled all of these requirements and more. Some of the features are:
- import* a single image or whole folder, capturing file name, location, file size and EXIF data
- classify images into a Series
- create Editions based on a Series, in as many permutations as required
- record Print numbers for an Edition (including printed and not yet printed)
- log transaction details of Print sales
- produce sales paperwork including 'Certificates of Authenticity'
- run reports including an 'Available Prints List' which can be uploaded to a website or sent to galleries around the world
- sync Contacts with the Apple 'Address Book' application
Proposed updates will allow selected galleries restricted access from the web to check availability on a dynamic basis, further reducing the workload on the users.
Back to Case Studies